Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My first swan

Today I met my first swan. I also got chased by a swan for the first time in my life.

My humans like to walk on the river nearby. Some people who live near the river have a little lake right along the path. And the lake has swans in it!! My humans call them Skipper and Sophia. According to my family, the swans hatched some babies last year (the kids named them Noah and Chris). Now Sophia has laid more eggs and Skipper is acting really protective (the kids say he was like that last year, too). Of course, I didn't know any of this when we stopped at Skipper and Sophia's lake.

I saw a really big nest at the side of the little lake. Then I noticed Skipper was coming towards us. He was the biggest bird I had ever seen. And I had never seen a white bird before. I didn't know he was MAD at us-- I was just really curious. After all, I had never seen a swan before. And I wasn't REALLY trying to steal the eggs. I was just looking. But I guess Skipper didn't want to take any chances. He swam towards me and my family and climbed out of the water. He looked really scary up close, so I ran away as fast as I could, pulling my dad behind me.

Well, I don't think I'm going to get too close to the swans after this, but maybe I will look at them from a distance. They are really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment