Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vacation

I found out what my humans do while I get babysat!! Here's what happened:

My humans brought out the suitcases a couple of nights ago. I knew that could only mean one thing. I was going to get babysat again ... or so I thought. Turns out I was completely wrong.

The next morning my humans did the usual vacation stuff-- they brought their suitcases to the car, turned off all of the lights in the house and closed the doors. And then came the dreaded moment. They opened the door, walked through it and... "Come on, George!!" I was completely stunned. I couldn't believe it. I was going to go with them! They led me to the car, and I hopped in. Then we drove for a VERY long time. We stopped every once in a while to get out and stretch, but we were still in the car for long stretches of time. My humans found out that I have a fear of driving over bridges. They just make me so nervous!!

I don't know exactly how long we drove, but we finally reached our destination-- some little town. We went into a big building and climbed some stairs. Then my humans led me down a long hall with lots of doors. They stopped at one door, unlocked it, opened it, and I found myself in a little room with two beds, a bathroom, a desk, chairs... it was like a whole house squished into one room! We met some nice people (the kids say that they were their uncle and aunt), and then we slept in the room.

The next day we drove to another town. My humans left me in the car for a while. After that we all went hiking at some "historic site" in the mountains. There were so many jackrabbits there! I wanted to chase them so badly, but my humans had other ideas. They really need to let me go hunting. I don't know where my humans even get their food right now, because they definately do not hunt. Anyways, after that we drove for another really long time and we reached home again!

So that's what my humans do while I get babysat. I really don't see any point in it, but humans will do what humans will do. And at least they didn't leave me home this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment